Learn how to work with conditions, text strings, subqueries, advanced joins, functions, and more
This course will prepare you to succeed in a real-life company setting. You will learn the following advanced topics:
- Write queries with conditional expressions.
- Work with text strings and use text string operations in queries.
- Understand sets, relations, and bags.
- Write subqueries and combine them with joins.
- Use advanced joins (cross, left, right, full, semi- and anti-join).
- Write and use functions.
This course assumes that you already completed PostgreSQL Fundamentals where you learned:
- Basic concepts in data, databases, and SQL.
- How to extract data from, and perform calculations with SQL tables.
- How to create schemata and tables, and enter and manage your own data.
- How to combine data from two or more tables using the inner join.