In this project-based course, trainees learn how to work with Linux and an IDE. Then they complete several projects under the supervision of a senior NCLab Python instructor.
Note: This course is only available as part of NCLab’s Python Developer Career Training program. Click here for more information.
Trainees learn how to work with Linux and an IDE. Then they will complete several software projects under the supervision of a senior NCLab Python instructor.
Advanced Python is the prerequisite for this course.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLO)
- Become proficient in using Linux.
- Develop software with a desktop IDE.
- Plan and execute a large software project.
- Incorporate testing into software development.
- Gain proficiency in object-oriented programming.
- Write event-driven software.
- Practice advanced Python techniques.
- Control software quality.
Equipment and Software Requirements
Computer or laptop with Internet access, email.
Free Python IDE such as Eric, Pyzo, Spyder, PyCharm or Eclipse.
Free Github user account.
Course Structure and Length
Applied Python is designed to take approximately 80 hours. Since the course is self-paced, the amount of time required to complete the course will vary from trainee to trainee.