We provide people with the knowledge, experience, competency, and confidence needed to get great jobs.
We and our partners identify individuals who have the desire and ability to grow and we make them job-ready to fill high-demand 21st century jobs.
What Makes Us Unique In Vocational Training?
- We use a competency-based training approach developed over 10 years, and when trainees graduate, they have the practical experience that well over 95% of job openings require.
- NCLab programs map to industry-recognized certifications because employers place major value on them.
- Our training is self-paced so trainees learn anytime, anywhere and they never miss important training because of their family and work responsibilities.
- Our personal coaches help trainees develop soft skills that include professional communication, time management, critical and logical thinking, problem solving, perseverance, and adaptability, among others because employers place major value on soft skills along with hard skills.
- Applicants take a very detailed pre-enrollment assessment so they can be confident that they’ll be able to successfully complete their training and get great jobs.
12 Years Of History
In 2010, Dr. Pavel Solin, UNR (University of Nevada, Reno) Professor of Computational and Applied Math, reached out to K-12 schools in rural Nevada to help them prepare students in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math). Recognizing the size of the need, he built an artificial intelligence-based training platform and overlaid introductory visual Computer Programming and 3D Modeling courses on top of the platform, as his first products.
These courses worked differently than the usual video-based online courses (Khan Academy, Coursera, Lynda.com, ...) which Dr. Solin found to be ineffective. In contrast to that, NCLab students actively engaged 100% of the time, learning through short tutorials and examples, and then immediately putting what they had learned to practical use, solving problems, and receiving instant feedback from the platform. Schools and libraries across Nevada implemented NCLab's STEM training. Schools in other states and countries followed.
In 2017, NCLab Data Analyst and Python Programmer training were commissioned by the Nevada governor's office to address the staffing needs of employers in Nevada. The resulting programs are now offered at all Nevada community colleges, at the University of Nevada, Reno, and at a growing number of educational institutions and organizations outside of Nevada.
In 2021, NCLab was selected by the State of Nevada's Workforce Development to assess and offer training to disadvantaged people so that they could take larger roles in the new 21st century digital economy. Other workforce development projects of various types have subsequently developed both in Nevada and in other states.
NCLab places a major emphasis on making graduates highly successful in their life after their training and it all begins with a pre-enrollment assessment that measures their compatibility with the training programs. As a result, enrollees can be confident that they’ll be able to successfully complete their training and get great jobs.
In NCLab programs, short bite-sized lessons are followed by immediate self-assessment exercises, which ensure that trainees gain experience and confidence with each new concept before moving on. NCLab surveys show conclusively that trainees love this way of learning. Success is assured for trainees willing to put in the effort to do the required work.
Instructional support and coaching personnel oversee and assist trainees throughout their learning process, and when trainees complete their training, they have in hand a professional portfolio to demonstrate their qualifications to potential employers. NCLab training programs map to industry certifications, and are continually being developed to adhere to additional industry certifications, in order to better assist NCLab graduates in the employment search.
NCLab programs are exceptional in the sense that they are proven to work equally well for high school graduates, college graduates, and working adults who have been out of school for years.
To learn more about NCLab and all that it does, please click here.