The Refund Policy below applies to students enrolled with NCLab directly. For students who are taking NCLab courses through another institution such as a college or a university, the institution’s own refund policy applies.
NCLab has the following refund policy which is consistent with NRS 394.449:
1. The amount of the refund is determined as follows:
(a) If the institution has substantially failed to furnish the training program agreed upon in the enrollment agreement, the institution shall refund to the student all the money the student has paid.
(b) If a student cancels his or her enrollment before the start of the training program, or during the first 30 days of the training, the institution shall refund to the student all the money the student has paid.
(c) If a student withdraws or is expelled by the institution after the start of the training program and before the completion of more than 60 percent of the program, the institution shall refund to the student a pro rata amount of the tuition agreed upon in the enrollment agreement, minus 10 percent of the tuition agreed upon in the enrollment agreement or $150, whichever is less.
(d) If a student withdraws or is expelled by the institution after completion of more than 60 percent of the training program, the institution is not required to refund the student any money and may charge the student the entire cost of the tuition agreed upon in the enrollment agreement.
2. If a refund is owed pursuant to subsection 1, the institution shall pay the refund to the person or entity who paid the tuition within 15 calendar days after the:
(a) Date of cancellation by a student of his or her enrollment;
(b) Date of termination by the institution of the enrollment of a student;
(c) Last day of an authorized leave of absence if a student fails to return after the period of authorized absence; or
(d) Last day of attendance of a student, whichever is applicable.
3. Any eventual disputes will be resolved by the Academic Director on a case-by-case basis.
4. The period of a student’s attendance is measured from the first day of instruction as set forth in the enrollment agreement through the student’s last day of actual attendance, regardless of absences. The period of time for a training program is the period set forth in the enrollment agreement. Tuition is calculated using the tuition and fees set forth in the enrollment agreement.
5. Cancellation may occur when the student provides a written notice of cancellation to the institution. This can be done electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The written notice of cancellation need not take any particular form and, however expressed, it is effective if it shows that the student no longer wishes to be bound by the enrollment agreement.