Full STEAM Ahead – Issue 3 (February 2017)
We are excited to share the third issue of our newsletter Full STEAM Ahead. The newsletter delivers messages from prominent personalities, comments on recent developments as well as on the exciting history of computing, brings updates from schools and libraries, presents tutorials and short courses on various computing subjects, features creative computing art projects, 3D models and coding games created by students, and much more.
Table of Contents
- STEM Key to Nevada’s Economic Diversification (Dave Brancamp, Director, Office of Standards and Instructional Support, Nevada Department of Education)
- My Path to STEM with NCLab (Isabel Peralta, freshman, Galena High School in Reno)
- Ada Lovelace: The First to Grok Computers?
- STEAM and Shine: Create Beautiful Fractal Art!
- 3D Modeling Courses Take Shape (Kevin Frederick, Washoe County Libraries)
- Create Your Own Karel Game
- Karel Game and 3D Model of the Month
- Awards, Opportunities Roll In
- NCLab Joined the ALA
Click on the image below to download the Newsletter in PDF.