Learn How to Work with Large, Complex, Realistic Databases
Real-life databases are large, complex, and messy (they often contain damaged, wrong or missing data). This course will prepare you to successfully deal with such databases. You will learn the following advanced topics:
- Write queries with conditional expressions.
- Work with text strings and use text string operations in queries.
- Understand sets, relations, and bags.
- Write subqueries and combine them with joins.
- Use advanced joins (cross, left, right, full, semi- and anti-join).
- Write and use functions.
This course assumes that you already completed SQL Fundamentals where you learned:
- Basic concepts in data, databases, and SQL.
- How to extract data from, and perform calculations with SQL tables.
- How to create schemata and tables, and enter and manage your own data.
- How to combine data from two or more tables using the inner join.