What is NCLab?
NCLab provides high-quality self-paced online Career Training Programs in Data Analytics and Python Development. Thanks to partnerships with Colleges in the U.S. and other countries, our trainees earn official college certificates. But more importantly, our unique practice-based training method helps trainees obtain practical experience which is necessary to capture high-paying jobs and advance in their careers.
Why does the world need NCLab?
Due to automation, 70 million people in the U.S. and 1.5B in the world are at risk of losing their jobs within 10-20 years. We are now faced with the opportunity and challenge of training modern workers for modern careers. STEM jobs, the heart of automation and data exchange in current manufacturing technologies, are growing 50% faster than all other job segments. But due to a shortage of skilled teachers, the traditional STEM education system is lagging behind workforce demands.
What will I do at NCLab?
You will make a major, positive difference in people’s lives—and help change STEM and Industry 4.0 education in the U.S. and across the world. You will focus on cloud-based, self-learning, self-graded courses that match or exceed education standards. You will be part of a team that develops some of the world’s most unique online courses.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Backend Python Developer
Development Department, Remote position
- Position type: Full time, remote.
- Travel: Occasional travel for trainings and presentations;
- On the Job Training: Mainly backend and database related.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar field, Master’s Degree preferred;
- Minimum five years experience;
- Python versions 2.x and 3.x in both scripting and object-oriented fashion;
- Knowledge of Mongo DB is appreciated.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop backend API and controllers to new functionality;
- Develop and maintain server-client based software;
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use;
- Ensure the technical feasibility of Python and Mongo DB designs;
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability;
- Collaborate with other team members.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX;
Understanding of Sencha ExtJS.
- Linux – basic administration skills – SSH, bash, permissions, processes handling, pipes;
- Bash scripting;
- Build automation with make;
- Synchronous vs. asynchronous web handlers in Python;
- Speed and memory optimization concepts;
- MongoDB and MongoEngine.
- Experience with Tornado web-server library.